Boxers are so energetic, agile, active, athletic animals and they need at least 30 minutes of exercise per day. So they need average 1500 calories per day like a person. In order to support your Boxer’s energy level, you must feed him with the best qualified food which contains all necessary nutritional ingredients for your dog. Please do not let the price of the dog food be a determining factor. If you have or think to have a Boxer, you should create a budget for your dog.
Properties of a Recommended Food for the Boxers
- First, you must control the amount of your dog’s food. If you do not take care of what he or she eats, your dog can lose easily his or her health as this breed tends to be an obese dog.
- Second, high-qualified protein must be the active ingredient. It can be lamb, steak, turkey, veal, fish-tuna, mackerel, and even chicken meat if he or she has no allergic sensibility. If you prefer a homemade food, 35-45 percent of the food can come from a mix of all these types of meats or one type of it.
- Third, a good dog food for boxers should contain fish oil, salmon oil or flaxseed oil as source of omega-3 and omega-6 which are definitely essential for a healthy dog.
- Fourth, quality dog food also should comprise carb and sweet potatoes, green beans and flaxseed can be preferred as a carb source. Also you can enrich your dog’s food by adding carrots, broccoli, potatoes, cauliflower, sweet peas and string beans. Starch in white or brown rice or pasta offer a great source of nutrition. Especially pasta is an amazing choice for your dog.
- Fifth, the best dog food for boxers should be enriched with extra vitamins and minerals. You can add some vitamin and mineral tablets in your Boxer’s food by consulting to your veterinarian.
- Finally, you must keep away your dog from some common allergic ones such as wheat, corn, soy.
Recommendations for your Boxer
- You should know what to feed a Boxer and how much to feed to help his growing healthily and happily. Also, food for your boxer will affect him physically, mentally and emotionally.
- It should be noted that you must not feed your Boxer any time when he wants. Boxer should be fed at allotted times during the day. It is necessary for your Beagle’s health.
- How many times in a day should you feed your Boxer? If it is a puppy, 3 times a day is enough. If it is an adult Boxer, 2 times a day is sufficient. But it is necessary to state that your feeding times depend on how much qualified food you use.
- Homemade food for a Boxer does not mean human food. Home-cooked foods are special, wholesome, healthy food for a Boxer. The food for a boxer has some special ingredients which help your Boxer to grow healthily. Anyway several foods can be too dangerous for Boxers such as onions, garlic, raisins, grapes, fruit seeds, fruit cores, raw salmon, mushrooms, chocolate and caffeine. Besides, if you try to give your dinner, even just one time, your dog always will beg you to share your food.
We also advise you to read the recommendations for large breeds dog food.