There is nothing more important than providing the best poodle puppy food for a healthier and proper growth. Feeding a puppy may be quite challenging because they need much care compared to the adults.
How to Feed a Puppy Poodle
The puppy poodles can start to eat up to three meals a day at the age of three months.
- The puppy poodle dog food must contain proteins obtained from animal sources. This is necessary for its growth and maintenance of energy. The proteins needs to be easily digestible and of good quality. A good puppy poodle dog food has to contain meat, poultry, fish or eggs.
- Carbohydrates are must nutrients in the puppy poodle dog food. This is because they are the source of the energy needed for their playful bodies. The carbohydrates are obtained from potatoes, sweet potatoes, beans, peas and whole grains such as rice and corn.
- Vitamins and minerals are also needed in the puppy dog food for poodles. They come from fruits and vegetables.
- Fats are also as important as protein in the puppy poodle dog food. The fats help provide them with a healthy shiny skin and coat. Fat sources such as Omega 3 and Omega 6 maintain both skin and coat health while essential fatty acids help their body to absorb vitamins A, D, E and K. They are found in animal fat source like salmon oil and chicken fat.
- Avoid poodle dog foods that contain artificial colors, artificial preservatives and artificial flavors. They may be a cause of allergies.
- Provide the puppies with puppy poodle dog food that is of small kibbles to make for easy chewing.
- Keep in mind that puppy poodles may start to lose interest suddenly. This is a sign of a health issue thus should be consulted with the veterinarian immediately.
- Do not provide a lot of food just because they are growing. Over feeding does not mean healthy feeding. It can lead to obesity that may result to arthritis at a young age.
Recommendations for Puppy Poodle Dog Foods
Wellness Small Breed Complete Health Puppy Turkey, Oatmeal And Salmon Recipe
This is the best puppy poodle dog food is good for all the poodle three breeds but it is especially best for the miniature and toy poodles. The first five ingredients are deboned turkey, chicken meal, oatmeal, salmon meal and ground barley. These are all good sources of animal proteins along with fiber for proper and easier digestion. It also has DHA fatty acids necessary for brain development in the puppy. Not only that but it also contains omega 3 and omega 6 for skin and coat health.
Nulo Freestyle Puppy Salmon And Peas Recipe
This is one of the best puppy poodle dog foods because it contains a good amount of quality meat. The first five ingredients include deboned salmon, turkey meal, menhaden fish meal, peas and chicken fat.
Canidae Grain Free Pure Foundation Puppy Formula
This puppy poodle dog food recommendation is grain free. Its first five ingredients are chicken, menhaden fish meal, lentils, peas and potatoes. It also has antioxidants for a healthy immune system and omega 3 together omega 6 for a healthy shiny skin and coat. It is a limited formula thus perfect for puppies with a sensitive digestive system.
Feeding puppies needs lots of care. Thus if you till have doubts it is best to visit and consult a veterinarian for a diet that suits your puppy. It is also beneficial to feed them on homemade food that contains all the necessary nutrients. This is because it is more healthy and fresh.