Pomeranian puppies are cutest friends you could have at home. They are friendly especially with children and despite being small they are active and playful. This makes them use up more calories than the adults. Thus, you need to feed them properly with a balanced diet for them to grow maintain a healthy life.
How to Feed a Pomeranian Puppy
When feeding a Pomeranian puppy, it is important to make slow changes in food transition amounts.
One and a quarter cup of food of about 5 pounds is enough for your puppy. Since they tend to burn calorie in a short period of time due to their high energy, it is advisable to divide the meal into three, breakfast, lunch and dinner. This will provide enough time for digestion and avoid problems such as bloating. As they grow, the meal can be divided into two times a day.
Below are some nutrients and ingredients that Pomeranian puppies foods can have.
- Protein is necessary in Pomeranian diet as it helps with their growth. The protein should come from animal protein such as meat meal, chicken meat or fish meal.
- Vegetables and fruits provide the necessary vitamins and minerals in the diet. Vegetables such as sweet potatoes, potatoes, broccoli, carrots and spinach can be added as supplements next to the food or can be used as ingredients in the Pomeranian puppy food.
- Carbohydrates are also necessary in providing energy but they should be less than the portion of proteins.
- Fats in a Pomeranian puppy food provide the care needed for the coats and skin.
What to avoid
In the Pomeranian puppy foods to eat, there are some that should be avoided because they end up causing health problems. They include the following;
- Stay away from corn as it may trigger allergies.
- Avoid providing chocolate, grapes and macadamia nuts as treat foods. They are toxic to the puppies.
- Raw hide bones are not good for the teeth especially when it to a developing puppy’s teeth and jaw.
- Do not feed your puppy from the table, especially if they are spicy as they cause stomach aches.
Recommended Best Foods for Pomeranian Puppy
Wellness Small Breed
This is a good Pomeranian puppy food. Its ingredients include deboned turkey, chicken meal, oatmeal and salmon meal. It also has DHA, a type of omega 3 fatty acids that promotes brain development. It also contains antioxidants for better digestion.
Nutri Source Puppy Food
To start, this Pomeranian puppy food contains chicken meat, chicken, brown rice, chicken fat, oatmeal, fax seed and vitamins that all make up a balanced diet. It is an easy to digest puppy food. It contains high levels of both proteins and fats needed for growth and skin care respectively. It is also small in size making it easier for the Pomeranian puppy to eat and chew.
Precise holistic complete puppy food
This is one of the best Pomeranian puppy foods. The ingredients include real meat, wholesome carbohydrates and fatty acids that include DHA as well. What makes it stand out is probiotics it contains.
Finding the best food for Pomeranian puppy may be quite challenging that is why it might be better to try and prepare homemade natural puppy food for Pomeranian puppies. The homemade food should be with all the nutrients necessary for a balanced diet. You may consider foods like organ meats such as liver and kidneys, vegetables that include carrots, potatoes, starches like pasta and rice. The important thing is to be able to provide the right amounts of each. For better advice, you may visit a veterinarian.